7-124-101. Corporate name. |
(1) A corporate name of a domestic nonprofit corporation:
(a) May, but need not, contain the word "corporation", "incorporated", "company", or "limited" or an abbreviation of any thereof; and
(b) Shall not contain language stating or implying that the nonprofit corporation is incorporated for a purpose other than that permitted by section 7-123-101 and its articles of incorporation.
(2) Except as authorized by subsection (3) of this section, a corporate
name shall not be the same as or deceptively similar to:
(3) A nonprofit corporation may apply to the secretary of state for
authorization to use a name, or may deliver for filing articles of
incorporation that state a corporate name, that is the same as or deceptively similar to a name otherwise not available pursuant to subsection (2) of this section if the nonprofit corporation delivers to the secretary of state for filing either:
7-124-102. Reserved name.
(1) Any person may apply for the reservation of the exclusive use of a corporate name by delivering an application for reservation of name to the secretary of state for filing, setting forth the name and address of the applicant and the name proposed to be reserved.
If the secretary of state finds that the name applied for would be available for use as a corporate name under section 7-124-101, the secretary of state shall reserve the name for the applicant's exclusive use for a one-hundred-twenty-day period, which reservation may be renewed.
(2) The owner of a reserved corporate name may transfer the reservation to any other person by delivery to the secretary of state for filing of a notice of the transfer that has been executed by the owner and states the reserved name, the name of the owner, and the name and address of the transferee.
(3) If articles of incorporation, articles of amendment to articles of incorporation, restated articles of incorporation, or articles of merger specifying a delayed effective date pursuant to section 7-121-204 (2) and setting forth a new corporate name are filed by the secretary of state, such corporate name shall be deemed to be reserved until the document becomes effective pursuant to section 7-121-204 (2) or the document is withdrawn under section 7-121-204 (3).
| This web site is provided for your information only and should not be relied on as legal advice.
Remember, that when dealing with any legal matter do not rely on these materials without first seeking the advice of an attorney about your particular situation and facts.
We do not guarantee the accuracy of any information available through the links you will find at this web site.
These links are provided as a matter of convenience to the public.